Masjid e Salaam aims and objectives are to promote, encourage and advance the activities of the Fulwood Muslim Community, according to the Holy Qur’an (The word of Allah) and the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (Peace and blessing be upon him) showed to us by the righteous scholars. It is also the policy of the Mosque to allow people from all ethnic and religious backgrounds to use the facilities that it provides. The Mosque aims to provide a place of worship in an Islamic environment for individuals and families, authentic Islamic education, da’wah programs for promoting understanding and propagation of Islam, a source of reference and support system for the community, and develop and implement all such Programs within its resources that promote these objectives.
Our vision is to provide a range of holistic, culturally sensitive services for the communities of Preston drawing on our Islamic values and heritage, with a view to improving quality of life and enhancing community cohesion.
- Our aims are to:
- Focus on the needs of the diverse Muslim community whilst ensuring services are open to all.
- Meet the needs of the local community by promoting health, education and employment opportunities.
- Provide Muslims and non-Muslims with the opportunity to learn and understand Islam, through dialogue, discussion, and social interaction.
- Contribute to the social, cultural, spiritual and economic enhancement of the whole community, through policy and strategy development and service.
Masjid e Salaam is a non-profit, non-political, religious and educational institute. The purpose of the Masjid is to serve the Muslim community of Fulwood and beyond. We also hope to serve as a bridge between the Muslim and non-Muslim communities to promote mutual learning and understanding. With the objectives of (a) providing services to the Muslim community and (b) bringing together the Muslim and non-Muslim communities in the area, Masjid e Salaam aims to provide:
- Daily 5 congregational prayers.
- Adult and children weekly Islamic education classes and special occasional seminars.
- Conducts marriages services.
- To make provision for funeral services (janaza prayers).
- Nightly Taraweeh prayers during the month of Ramadhan.
- (Iftar) during the whole month of Ramadan.
- Itekaf services for the last ten days of Ramadhan.
- Hifz Programs Adults and children.
- Adult and youth counseling.
- Participates in a variety of community service activities.
- The Masjid is open for all five daily prayers. Everyone is welcome to attend these prayer services.
- Community Events for women and children.
We feel that the time is now right for us to build on the success of recent years and to create a new mosque that will become a central facility for the whole community – a spiritual and community hub for those living and working across Fulwood, Preston and beyond.
We at Masjid e Salaam are keen to hear your ideas, opinions, and suggestions in order to help better our services for you. So don’t be shy and have your say today!